Implementing the pronouns service in Rust and Axum
Sat Jan 07 2023
In this stream I implemented the pronouns service and deployed it to the cloud with fly.io. This was mostly writing a bunch of data files with Dhall and then writing a simple Rust program to query that 'database' and then show results based on the results of those queries.
This stream covers the following topics:
- Starting a new Rust project from scratch with Nix flakes, Axum, and Maud
- API design for human and machine-paresable outputs
- DevOps deployment to the cloud via fly.io
- Writing Terraform code for the pronouns service
- Building Docker images with Nix flakes and
- Writing API documentation
- Writing the writeup on the service
Facts and circumstances may have changed since publication. Please contact me before jumping to conclusions if something seems wrong or unclear.
Tags: rust, axum, terraform, nix, flyio, docker